Sunday, September 27, 2009

2009 Monterey Historics

Legend has it that motor racing started as soon as the second production car rolled off the assembly line. After walking the pits at Laguna Seca, I would say that statement is probably true! Nothing gets the heart pounding with testosterone like high octane race fuel and a grid full of the worlds most greatest race cars. Welcome to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and to the Monterey Historics. I look forward to this event year after year to get my dose of heart pounding high compression engines. This year I was treated with the sites and sounds of Porsche, as they were one of the featured marques for the week of racing. The Monterey Historics are one of the cheaper venues during the Monterey weekend. Bring a lawn chair, some sun screen and binoculars and park yourself with a view and enjoy!



1970 Porsche 917 K Coupe
1970 Le Mans Winner
From the collection of Dr. Julio Palmaz of Napa, CA

My good friends from Wild West Racing representing the Cobra Owners Club.


Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld on Camera in the pits just before Jerry and his collection manager, Sam Cabiglio (in the other driving suit) start up Jerry's cars for a parade lap around Laguna.

It's not a race car but this 32' Ford caught my eye...I like the Porsche 959 parked next to it as well.

A beautiful Ferrari Testa Rossa parked next to the big bad Bentley
I love the painted noses on early Aston Marting race cars!
letting the fire breathing monster cool off without the bonnet.

his and hers, could be?


And if you drove your Porsche to the historics you received specail parking...wish I knew ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment