Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Coronado Speed Festival 2009

I attended the Coronado Speed Festival last weekend in Coronado, CA on the naval base to celebrate Fleet Week www.fleetweeksandiego.org/coronadospeedfestival/. Hagerty Nicolle flew in from Traverse City, MI to help with the event. The Coronado Speed Festival was full of activities: vintage racing, a car show, a car club corral, displays of Naval equipment, and much more. Check out the video below, this is a preview of what was to be expected this year....


I also took a few videos of he races, please note I am NOT a professional!


Coronado Speed Festival from laura jacobsen on Vimeo.

Watch for #151, it is my friend Bob Stockwell. He rocked it this weekend.



Speed Festival 2009 from laura jacobsen on Vimeo.

Keep your eyes open f the Datsun #68. Adam Carolla is behind the wheel.


Hagerty Nicolle and I working the Hagerty booth. Thank you so much for helping me out!!

Meet my friends Just a Car Gal http://justacargal.blogspot.com/ and Just a Car Guy http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/. This is the first time we officially met in person. We all became friends on Blogspot! What can I say, we live in a technology world. Please check out their blogs. They have a lot of great pictures.

The coolest thing I have ever seen at a car show was a Navy Seal jumping out of a plane with an American Flag attached to his foot while they sang the national anthem. I actually got chills. Unfortunately for you I couldn't get to my camara in time, but this gives you a good idea.

Pictures from the paddock



Bob Stockwell getting ready for one of his races.




















Pictures of the car show
















A few pictures from the car club corral




No comments:

Post a Comment