Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Willow Springs International Raceway

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to Willow Springs International Raceway http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/ with the Cobra Owners Club of America - Orange County (COCOA) http://www.cocoaoc.org/. I can't believe how much fun it is to be on the track with the sounds of revving engines and the smell of exhaust and burnt rubber.

I had the opportunity to go out on the track for passengers sessions in a a Fastback Mustang, a Cobra, and a Nascar race car. Next time the COCOA is out there I need to actually get behind the wheel. This weekend has given me a need for speed. I have to get to race school fast, no pun intended. Check out the videos and pictures from the weekend.

At the beginning of the weekend an instructor takes all the drivers out on the race track to talk about each turn, where they should be on the track and what gear to be in. I recorded the instructor, he was very informative. I had no idea there was so much planning and thought into racing around a track.

Willow Springs International Raceway from laura jacobsen on Vimeo.


I recorded my experience as a passenger in a Nascar Race Car. Check it out below.

Willow Springs Raceway from laura jacobsen on Vimeo.

A video of the track

Willow Springs Raceway from laura jacobsen on Vimeo.































No comments:

Post a Comment