Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oldies CC Car Show in San Fernando

Sunday I attended the Oldies CC Car Show in San Fernando. It was the first lowrider/custom show I have attended so I didn't know what to expect. It was amazing! The amount of time people spend on the details of these cars blows my mind. The owners of lowriders/customs are very creative people and their personality really shines through their car. There were also some amazing custom bicycles. I was told that people will spend up to $20,000 on their custom bicycle!! Things have really changed, I remember when all I wanted was a banana seat on my bike.

The only thing about the show I didn’t like was the vendor right next to me. He thought it would be a good idea to DJ very loud music from 9:30am to 5pm. I could barely hear and I had to yell at everyone. My ears are still ringing. Looking back it was kind of funny. The lesson I have learned is that if you see 2 very large speakers at the vendor booth next to you RUN!!! He did give me shout outs on the microphone all day and I am sure the whole show could hear that. So they made up for the very loud music!

I think everyone should put attending a lowrider/custom show on the list of things to do in your lifetime. You will not be disappointed. A special thanks to the Oldies Car Club for putting on an amazing event. For more information on the Oldies Car Club go to http://www.oldiescc.com/.

Oldies CC Car Show from laura jacobsen on Vimeo.



It was a hot day in San Fernando but if you build it they will come.

There were a lot of spectators.

Danny Trejo stopped by my booth to say hi. You may have seen him in Con Air, Desperado and many more. I am kind of famous now...

For more information on Danny check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Trejo





David Renteria with his 1966 Chevy Caprice. David does metal and glass engraving. Most of his car is engraved. Check his work out below.


David's work. For more information go to http://www.masterengraver4life.com/.










More custom bikes. They are amazing.




This is from the car pictured above. There were a lot of cars with props in them.


3 comments:

  1. hmmm, Danny has his arms around you rather tight! btw, did you have your bullet proof vest on at this event?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say....famous people like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny Trejo is awesome! I remember him in all those movies you listed....and HEAT! That must have been a great show with some sweet cars! - ABE

    ReplyDelete