Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cruisin' Grand - Escondido Cruise Night

Every Friday Night in Escondido from April 3rd till the end of September from 5pm to 9pm check out the Cruisin' Grand. You will not be disappointed. I would guess about 7 blocks of Grand Ave. are lined up with cars anywhere from 1973 and earlier American-made. They get anywhere from 100 cars to 300 cars each Friday Night. If it is too crowded to park you can always cruise Grand Ave. I had my first cruising experience in the Chevy Traverse. It takes sometime to get used to driving so slow down the street. In fact it goes against our human nature!

Driving tip for anyone coming from LA or Orange County - Leave before 1pm on Friday to head down there. I left at 3pm and it took 3 hours to get there. Please learn from my mistakes!




Cruisin' Grand - It was a busy night



One block off the main cruising street lined up with cars.



T-Buckets are becoming one of my favorite cars. If anyone has one I would love to be your co-pilot for a day.



Everyone needs a shirt like this.



The battle of the Nitro Dragsters. There were about 10 blocking a side street and they took turns revving their engines. I think my ears are still ringing.
Check out the video below for the battle of the Nitro Dragster engines.

Escondido Cruise Night 8/7/09 from laura jacobsen on Vimeo.




I love this picture. "Hey you want to race?"




No comments:

Post a Comment